Cruise ships have become popular meeting and incentive venues as smart planners like you heed the enticing call of the sea. Value, more inclusions, dedicated conference facilities, greater guest satisfaction, and built-in networking opportunities are just a few of the factors that make a meeting at sea so appealing.
Now Royal Caribbean International is giving you more great reasons to book your group event on one of their sensational ships. The Royal Advantage, an estimated $300 million investment, will extend the highest guest-rated (and planner-approved) Oasis-class ship innovations to the entire fleet by the end of 2015.
Royal Advantage Upgrades Now Underway!
The Royal Advantage revitalization program offers groups a more memorable onboard experience, with a variety of new onboard dining and entertainment options, expanded Wi-Fi service, iPod docking stations, and many more amenities. The re-launched ships will deliver even more of the “WOW” moments planners and cruisers have come to expect from Royal Caribbean.
No ship will go untouched! By 2015, you and your attendees can enjoy Royal Advantage upgrades on any of the cruise line’s 22 amazing ships sailing in worldwide destinations including the Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Eastern or Western Mediterranean, South America, Alaska, or Australia.
What’s New Onboard
Throughout the next three years, Royal Caribbean’s Vision, Voyager and Radiance class ships will undergo the Royal Advantage revitalization. Among the enhancements:
- More Wi-Fi access
- Interactive flat-panel televisions in staterooms, and electronic mustering.
- Digital Wayfinding Systems: Onboard activities, real time updates, and customized directions will be at your attendees’ fingertips with new plasma and LCD touch screen signs.
- Outdoor LED Video Walls: Oversized video screens installed on the pool decks will liven up outdoor entertainment.
- iPads in all cabins (on Vision-class ships, beginning with Splendour of the Seas.)
Additional Dining Options:
- Chef’s Table: Exclusive, intimate dinner and wine pairing experience co-hosted by the Executive Chef and Sommelier. Excellent option for a VIP group dining event!
- Izumi: Pan-Asian cuisine featuring a sushi bar with hot-rock cooking.
- Samba Grill: Brazilian-style steakhouse experience with seafood and meats carved tableside
- Giovanni’s Table: Traditional Italian trattoria with classic dishes served up family style.
- Chops Grille: RoyalCaribbean’s signature steakhouse.
- Park Café: Casual dining venue with light and healthy fare.
- Rita’s Cantina: Casual Mexican restaurant offering a selection of margaritas and live evening entertainment.
- Boardwalk Doghouse: A casual outdoor spot.
- The Cupcake Cupboard: 1940s style shop featuring fresh-baked gourmet cupcakes. Private decorating parties and cupcake-design classes also offered – great group event!
- The DreamWorks Experience – character breakfasts, meet & greet, ice shows, parades & shows. (Currently available on Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas.)
- 3D Theater with first-run movies and sporting events.
- Broadway Shows - Saturday Night Fever: The Musical (Liberty of the Seas), Hairspray (Oasis of the Seas), Chicago (Allure of the Seas). And more sensational Broadway shows opening in the future!
- Outdoor, poolside movie screen.
High-Tech Vertical Entertainment
The Royal Advantage will also transform The Centrum, centrally located on Vision-class ships, into a new chic and sophisticated venue – featuring enriching daytime activities, dazzling evening entertainment and jaw-dropping aerial spectacles.
Using the latest in sound and light technology, the soaring space will come alive at night, offering guests a multi-sensory experience that puts them at close proximity to amazing aerial performers. Splendour of the Seas will be the first Vision-class ship to introduce The Centrum experience.
The Royal Advantage Timetable
In early 2011, Oasis of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, and Liberty of the Seas received popular enhancements and programs that were introduced aboard Allure of the Seas, including the DreamWorks Experience. The Royal Advantage revitalizations continued with Radiance of the Seas in May 2011, followed by Splendour of the Seas.
In 2012, revitalizations are scheduled for Vision-class ships including Rhapsody of the Seas (March 2012) and Grandeur of the Seas (May 2012), as well as Radiance-class Serenade of the Seas (November 2012). Each ship will enter dry dock for approximately a month and re-emerge as better versions of the ships planners and guests already love.
In 2013 and 2014, additional Royal Advantage revitalizations will take place on Vision-class ships, including Legend of the Seas and Vision of the Seas, four Voyager-class ships - Navigator of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas - and the Radiance-class Brilliance of the Seas. The Jewel of the Seas will receive the Royal Advantage enhancements in 2015.
Top Picks for Meetings and Incentives:
Royal Caribbean International has ships that sail the world on 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 night and longer voyages. Here are the most popular ships and itineraries for corporate and incentive groups:
3 and 4 night Majesty of the Seas, Bahamas cruises from Miami. A great option for short meetings – with rates starting as low as $80 per person, per day!
3 and 4 night Monarch of the Seas, Bahamas cruises from Pt. Canaveral, FL. Another great option for short meetings – with rates starting as low as $80 per person, per day!
4 and 5 night Liberty of the Seas, sailing to the Western Caribbean from Ft.Lauderdale
4 and 5 night Jewel of the Seas, cruising to the Western Caribbean from Tampa
7 night Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas, Caribbean Eastern or Western Caribbean cruises from Ft. Lauderdale. Give your group bragging rights with the most innovative and sought-out product in the incentive market today!
And don’t forget about the Mediterranean and European Seas: Royal Caribbean has 12 ships in Europe with many 5 and 7-night options.
For more information about planning a Royal Caribbean meeting or group event, visit Seasite.com or call 305-403-3002. To find your perfect Royal Caribbean International ship and itinerary (along with printable Ship Planner Guides), click on About Royal Caribbean Ships.